“Teachers open the door, but you must enter yourself.”
Our instructors (‘Sensei’) are the centre of the club. They provide instruction, support and advice on all aspects of training, fitness and karate.
Kieran Sampson Nidan, Chloe Lorenzo Shodan
All of the instructors:
- are members of British Wadokai, the British Wado Federation and the International Wado Federation.
- have completed level 4 coaching qualifications recognised by British Wadokai. Certificate – Oren, Certificate – Mark, Certificate – Robbie
- have British Wadokai examiner level 1 status.
- have current extended DBS (previously CRB) checks (see http://www.crb.gov.uk/ for more details).
- hold instructors insurance with Towergate Insurance (previously T L Risk Solutions).
- are certified in First Aid.
The club also holds the British Karate Standards Commission Award of Service Excellence which signifies the club has a good level of qualified instructors, insurance, a stable environment and clear pricing and information available.
All the instructors train regularly under the direction of Sensei Gordon Hoare 6th Dan in Horsham as well as take part in courses throughout the year under the direction of British Wadokai Chief Instructor Sensei Gary Swift 8th Dan Kyoshi.